Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I have a new love...



I think I mentioned that already though :)

so to continue from where I left off...

We meet up with the boys on Sunday and Í sound like a frogman when my ability to talk clicks in at all. Its fabulous really. Their apartment is in a mom and pop area of the city and is very quaint. Odd room sizes and mix-match furniture versus our Ikea stocked refurbished apartment. I really like it though. Homey. After getting the gran tour we headed out in our not-so-incognito group as we begin wandering toward the waterfront of Barcelona in search for Frank Gehry´s fish sculptural piece.

While walking we came upon some really awesome tag (a.k.a. graffiti). I thought of my sister Eimile who adores the lesser praised form of art. I got some awesome pictures, which will go up soon. Promise. I actually was able to see some of the artists in the process of creating a newer pieces layered on top of an older piece (which I think was Bender from Futurama...not all culture is lost over the Atlantic). We also pass the Natural gas building, which was beautiful in the setting sun on our return trip home. It´s all reflective glass and interesting cantilevers.

We wander around the Port Vell. There was a really interesting drawbridge that lead us to a commercial center on the pier with shops and eateries. The boys got McDonalds...and although it is better in Europe than in the United States, the ladies turn their noses up and tried to blend in with the locals with our baguette sandwiches. There´s a neat IMAX theatre and an aquarium as well which we hope to return to.

After walking down the Spanish boardwalk, we catch a glimpse of Gehry´s fish glinting in the sun...

(to be cont.)

No comments: